Vegetarian flu shot available in Long Island, NY? ?

Last year I was able to get FluBlok at a King Kullens pharmacy, but this year they don't have it. The doctors I've spoken to won't order a one-off vaccine so I'm kinda stuck. Anyone know if FluBlok is available in Long Island?  What do you use yourself if you are a vegetarian or if your religion doesn't allow bovine ingredients? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

"Vegetarian flu shot available in Long Island, NY? ?"

The current flu shot available in general is vegetarian suitable for those who are ovo-vegetarian. However the flu shot itself does NOT contain dairy, nor is it created using anything of bovine origin. I don't where you've sourced your information from, however that source SHOULD BE DISCARDED, as a source, as it's NOT a reliable one in this case. Even MOST vegans would most likely agree on this particular point. Which by the way I'm neither a vegetarian or a vegan. Bu I also don't play games when I answer.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are talking nonsense here, you are not eating any part of the egg that a thousand vaccines were grown in.

This is extremist rubbish.

• Wendigo
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

They seem to be under the misconception, that the vaccine uses, or used bovine products/byproducts. If you look at the details it states bovine, and not poultry/fowl.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A vegetarian is a person who does not eat meat. Having an injection which contained animal products wouldn't be an issue. Similarly, I don't know of any religions that would prevent a person taking a flu shot.

• 1 month ago

yes knknknknknknknkn

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.