Why do most atheists vote Democrat?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

People who strongly identify with atheism are leftist because that is a standard leftist trope. All communists and most leftists are atheists.

• James
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I suppose the same reason most people vote Democrat, Republicans.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because democrats are not picky about the American voters they represent.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Atheism and being a liberal are two signs of superior intellect. If you have an atheist, there is a good chance of that person being a democrat, and vice versa.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because the Republican party has basically merged with Evangelical Christianity. This effort was started in the late 70's with people like Jerry Falwell leading the way and they have only become more entrenched since then.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Have any evidence for that?

Why do people who claim to be evangelical "Christians" support a pathological liar. They seem to be fine with Trump's pathological lying, spreading conspiracy theories, misogyny, making racist comments and dehumanizing others.

• 1 month ago

In no small part due to the Gross Old Pervert party also being the party of evangelical fascism.

Attachment image
  • John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Because they put their complete faith in government. They believe government will save them, government will redeem them, and government will lead them through life without the burdens of personal accountability.

• Mercuri
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I will NEVER understand why people try to discredit atheism by giving it the same qualities as theism. Completely baffles me.

• 1 month ago

Because both Atheists and Democrats tend to be knowledgeable and informed?

• 1 month ago

democrats pander to the minority and since atheists are in the minority they are abused by the left.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have no idea. Do you have any evidence that your premise is true?

• Tengu Bakemono
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Any atheist that i have met during my life, have always voted democrat. I just want to know if anyone else has noticed this?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.