If someone decides to go vegan, but still has meat in their fridge from before they made the decision, what should they do with it?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 week ago

Give it to someone else.

• patty
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

take it to the alley where the strays live

• 1 month ago

get out the GRILL AND THE BEER

• 1 month ago

give it to a food bank.......there are LOTS of starving people in the world......

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Obviously You don't want it. Situation :

- I know 2-3 young poor ppl (20-30 y.o.) who do not have for food and far for bills in apartment or house, for clothes imagine how they cope, in Munchen Germany (even there). They go illegally at night at big markets backyards where packed expired date sausages, and other packed meats are thrown because of expired date in special containers - are not allowed by law to be sold or stay in shops. They go with flash lights on the head attached inside the containers making mess until they find something and find food to survive - sometimes they are caught - because they make mess in the sorted containers, and they have to pause few days at those places.

You would not want to go and ask those/similar ppl if they want it? They hide or sleep in underground during day.

• 1 month ago

"If someone decides to go vegan, but still has meat in their fridge from before they made the decision, what should they do with it?"

What someone who decides to go vegan, and still has meat in their refrigerator should do is make the decision who would best benefit from that meat. It's still food, and food should NOT be wasted, especially if there's someone else that can benefit from it. Anyone that's ever been in the position of being hungry, and due to circumstances that were beyond their control, would see throwing out food that's usable, as wasteful. I'm also speaking as someone who's actually been through that.

Now I agree fully with the first answer given as adopting well about it being wasteful. They're also correct in that there's also a period of transition, where someone is adapting to some new change to their life. This is something that can take anywhere from a few days, and depending on what it is, and can take several months, or even years to adapt to.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They should give it away. There are many people who are more than happy to eat meat. If you don't want to eat meat, and you have meat in your fridge, give it to someone who is homeless. The only time they are able to get a meal is if there's a homeless shelter available, or if someone provides them with food. I understand throwing out food that is spoiled, regardless of what it is. Doesn't matter if it's meat, dairy, or something else. But if the food is not spoiled, don't throw it away. To throw away food that is still good is just wasteful. And definitely don't throw out someone else's meat, because you have an agenda. That is plain wrong. Basically, if you have meat that you don't want, whether you went vegan or not, someone else will want it. Why deprive someone else of good food, so you can be a dog in the manger (you don't want something, but you also deliberately deprive someone else of it, too)? Best option is to go vegan after the meat is gone, or don't go vegan at all.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well I'd say that anyone who does that is pretty dumb. Any sensible person would use up the meat and THEN become vegan.

They could try to give it away or throw it out, you know... the obvious things.

• Jeff
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Masturbate with it. Then you REALLY won't want to eat it. Unless you do want to eat it... whatever - I don't judge.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Eat it. Unless they are stupid enough to throw money away.

(Wait? Go vegan? What am I thinking, of course they are stupid enough to throw money away.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.