Can a past employee refuse to mail a paycheck?

I worked for IHOP for about a week. And the kitchen was so nasty I could not stay. 

So my paycheck sat there for 4 weeks and they said nothing to me.

When I asked about it they texted me said it's been there for weeks and I asked them to mail it. I work over 120 miles away 60 hours. 

The lady asked for my address. 

2 weeks later I texted her back and she said I have to go get it. 

It's now been 6 weeks I have called them. Called the corporate owner and they refused to answer and told me I'm horrasing them. 

Can they refuse to mail it ? Advice. 

They have absolutely no obligation to mail it to you.  It must be available for you to pick up and that is all.

Stop calling.

Send one written letter by certified mail, return receipt requesting, without calling.

If that doesn't work, then file a claim or complaint with the state.

Do not call the employer again.

It sounds like someone at your local IHOP just wants to stick it to you. I suggest calling HR at the headquarters office of IHOP and ask why the check can't be mailed.

Nothing prevents them from mailing it.

did you get fired from IHOP?  the manager kicked you out?   I sense you had a drama when you were working there.   That might be the reason they refuse to give you a favor. 

• Avery1 month agoReport

No. I was a new hire. I did say it was not a clean kitchen.... 

Refuse to mail it, yes they can. But they have not refused to pay you, all you have to do is pick it up. But I don't understand why they will not mail it.

• Huh?

They have a check ready for you to pickup as I assume is their normal check distribution system. Why are you special and require a unique distribution system?

If you have a small claims court , threaten them with that referring to you previous e-mail correspondence with them on the matter of the owed money

Probably not, but your next course of action would be small claims court.

• Maxi

Email them and tell them you are calling in x date to collect it and if it is not paid you will take further advice about withholding pay