Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Why do milleNnials and younger people struggle to work even 40 hours/week?

Most millennials and younger people I know struggle to complete a 40 hour work week or 8 hour day. For myself and a lot of people my age, 10 hour days and even 6 days/week are normal. Millennials on the other hand get very depressed/burnt out to make it to 40 hours. They usually quit after a few months at my place of employment. What's going on?

This website has so much resources to help you make money.

It has helped me tremendously.

https://eebzy.com

https://eebzy.com/2019/10/14/financial-independenc...

Stop Trading Your Time For Money.

FREE E-book Reveals 7 Ways To Success While You Sleep!

The More You Learn, The More You Earn!

Download Today!

https://forms.aweber.com/form/31/119576931.htm

I agree. As adjunct faculty for several universities, including one in the Pac 12, I taught a course on how to plan a controllable project. At one university the average age of the students was in the thirties, they pre-dated the millennials. At the Pac-12 university my students were in their 20s; they were millennials.

Understand, same course and same instructor (me). Yet when I taught the 30 yos, the pre-millennials, I received great feedback from the students on my course and me as an instructor. In fact by word of mouth my course had become so popular that I'd have over 40 students per class. We actually had to turn away some students each term.

But when I taught the younger millennials the feedback was negative on both me and the course material.

Why? Because the thirty-somethings who pre-dated the millennials were willing to work their butts off and actually apply themselves to learning how to plan a controllable project. My course was not easy; the students had to create and publish a project plan as part of their final grade. And they did that as teams of three or four students each. In other words, they had to run a project as teams.

The millennials were not willing to do all that work. They were just there in class to get it checked off by their company and qualify for promotion later on. So all they wanted was the grade and they wanted to get it without working at it. I taught the course at the Pac 12 school for five terms and then quit because it was clear these were not students there to actually learn anything.

THEY DONT WANT TO WORK THEY WANT ALL GIVEN TO THEM!! LIKE THERE PARENTS HAVE INSTILLED IN THEM,,,, NO T BEEN EDUCATED ON HOW THINGS WORK --- YOU HAVE TO WORK TO COVER ALL YOUR BILLS AND TO HAVE ANYTHING A NEW RIDE , NICE CLOTHS, JEWERLY, ENTERAMENT, FOOD, . WHEEN PARENTS KEEP SUPPLYING THEM WITH FUNDS THEY FIGURE THAY DONT HAVE TO WORK THE HOURS TO MAKE ENDS MEET THEY WILL LEARN THE HARD WAY.

because most places don't want full time workers anymore. they mainly want part time.