Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Why is welfare for poor people bad but welfare for GOP billionaires good?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because billionaires are job creators but poor people are only poor because they're lazy... or something. I'm losing track of all their excuses.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

To offset the effect of China tariffs until China can be brought to heal.

• random_man
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

China needs to heal? From what? 

• 8 months ago

While I support the Market Facilitation Program in general (the program that compensated farmers for trade war impacts), I do feel that the program (along with all other ag support programs) should have more strictly enforced limits on income or wealth so that billionaires aren't getting payments. 

• 8 months ago

What's "funny" is that the billionaires claim they are both equal:

"Sure I get to pay lower taxes on all my equity trades... but, poor people have the EXACT SAME provision!"

"Sure I don't pay SS tax after I earn $120,000... but, poor people have the EXACT SAME provision!"

"Sure I can hire accountants and lawyers to shield my income... but, poor people have the EXACT SAME provision!"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sam
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

That is the million dollar question.

Edit: Anyone could be wealthy if they are willing to con, cheat, lie and scam and typically be like Trump.

Source(s): I've never understood why the wealthy have their huge exemptions, but they don't want the poor to get a dime. They want their property value low when taxed, and high when using it as collateral. They can't have it both ways. It's actually illegal and Trump has done it consistently.
  • 8 months ago

Because money is a direct reflection of character. If you have a lot of money, it means you're a moral and good person. If you don't, it's because of your personal failures and immorality. America has been preaching the prosperity gospel for two centuries.

• Sam
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Jesus would say otherwise. But you are correct about right wing prosperity gospel being taught. Satan loves it.

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

While agricultural subsidies should not exist, they are not welfare. Welfare is designed to keep people from starving or freezing to death. Ag subsidies are designed to keep farmers in business. Farmers are kind of important to the nation.

• 8 months ago

Billionaires don't get " welfare " . Democrats seem to equate a discount on tax liability to their own welfare checks .

• 8 months ago

Cons have labeled it bad while they suck up all our tax dollars. Keeping the poor poor.

• 8 months ago

its not bad,people make it bad

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.