Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Why is welfare for poor people bad but welfare for GOP billionaires good?

Favorite Answer

Because billionaires are job creators but poor people are only poor because they're lazy... or something. I'm losing track of all their excuses.

To offset the effect of China tariffs until China can be brought to heal.

• random_man

China needs to heal? From what? 

While I support the Market Facilitation Program in general (the program that compensated farmers for trade war impacts), I do feel that the program (along with all other ag support programs) should have more strictly enforced limits on income or wealth so that billionaires aren't getting payments. 

What's "funny" is that the billionaires claim they are both equal:

"Sure I get to pay lower taxes on all my equity trades... but, poor people have the EXACT SAME provision!"

"Sure I don't pay SS tax after I earn $120,000... but, poor people have the EXACT SAME provision!"

"Sure I can hire accountants and lawyers to shield my income... but, poor people have the EXACT SAME provision!"

• Sam

That is the million dollar question.

Edit: Anyone could be wealthy if they are willing to con, cheat, lie and scam and typically be like Trump.

Source(s): I've never understood why the wealthy have their huge exemptions, but they don't want the poor to get a dime. They want their property value low when taxed, and high when using it as collateral. They can't have it both ways. It's actually illegal and Trump has done it consistently.

Because money is a direct reflection of character. If you have a lot of money, it means you're a moral and good person. If you don't, it's because of your personal failures and immorality. America has been preaching the prosperity gospel for two centuries.

• Sam

Jesus would say otherwise. But you are correct about right wing prosperity gospel being taught. Satan loves it.

• KaleyK

While agricultural subsidies should not exist, they are not welfare. Welfare is designed to keep people from starving or freezing to death. Ag subsidies are designed to keep farmers in business. Farmers are kind of important to the nation.

Billionaires don't get " welfare " . Democrats seem to equate a discount on tax liability to their own welfare checks .

Cons have labeled it bad while they suck up all our tax dollars. Keeping the poor poor.

its not bad,people make it bad