Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 3 weeks ago

Is it illegal to paint your car interior?

Hi there, I just bought a 2016 suburban with a black interior and I hate it. I want to paint it yellow. The seats. The dash. The steering wheel. Everything. My only issue is if it's legal or not.

30 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Its legal.. Paint it whatever color you want it.

• 3 weeks ago

This question is illegal! You have the right to paint your own car!

• F
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Your car, do it if you want. However, you must be sur eyou want to keep it for a long time, becuae you will make it virtually unsaleable. I've only once been in a car with a yellow interior, (a Lambo at a track day). It looked awful although it was very dirty.

• 3 weeks ago

No but becareful you can ruin it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Depends on the law where you are. Which country or state etc do you live in?

It might be bad to paint the seats, you might ruin the covering. Get advice about anything soft.

• I'd hate to see where you live

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It is perfectly legal.

You can do it with out the heavy hand of the law grabbing your collar.

But you are going to make your car look like a complete mess and utterly trash the value down to a big fat zero!

• 3 weeks ago

It is legal, but MOST of the interior can't be painted effectively.

• 3 weeks ago

It is legal but I think a dumb idea.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Not illegal, but stupid. There's not a paint you could buy that would stand up to the flexing of the seat. Getting anything to stick to the steering wheel and not have it rub off would be extremely difficult. Buy seat and steering wheel covers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.