In my English class we have to write a paper on one of our beliefs. It can be whatever we want. Would candy corn being underrated be good?

I know it's a bit unorthodox, but I really like candy corn.

Best Answer

I don't know how you're going to get 5 paragraphs out of candy corn. If you are capable of writing satire, you do a satiric take on it, using many of the argument people use to support their belief in God, for example, but it takes a very skilled writer to carry that off.

No... you should write a letter about the Sun rises in the East and sets in the West...

• Mercy

Something more mature would be better.

example : What goes around comes around.

https://www.google.com/search?q=What+goes+around+c...

well sure because they can't get mad at you if they said 'whatever you want'

No.  I don't think that is what your teacher had in mind.  The word belief in this context probably means a deeply-held conviction, not merely an opinion.  As your teacher.

If you can find suitable material that can back your perspective on candy corn being underrated, sure! I like candy corn myself, but I doubt I could write an entire paper on the subject of a soft, sugary piece of dye.

• Lv 7

It depends how long your paper has to be. If it's only 1 page, then that will be fine. However if you have to write a longer paper, you may run out of valid points to make. You might want to choose a belief that has more depth to it so that you have more to talk about.

Honey, since you do not know the difference between a belief and an opinion you might need to placed in a special ed class.