Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Are pitbulls good dogs ?

No, almost got bit by one, if I was older I would have slapped the **** out of it.

• Nibba4 weeks agoReport

just because that happens dosent mean its the dogs fault iddiot that means the owners suck if i see you slap a dog i will gut you and feed it to a dog 

Contrary to the bad publicity that the press gives these dogs, they are wonderful.  They are loving and I have never come across a bad one in my life.  If you raise your puppy with love and discipline, your dog will grow into a wonderful companion.

Very good dogs. They are so loving and loyal as long as they are properly trained, just as it is with every other dog breed.

They're just another breed, I don't see them as any differently, they do have a powerful jaw, they can inflict a nasty bite,,,,,,,,,, possibly.......... They are loyal family dogs. They are also on the top of the list in bites by the insurance industry. Much of that has to do with the owner(s). With that said, I personally would not get one. There are other breeds out there that I would own.

Yes, as long as you keep them inside a crate at all times.

It depends on the circumstances. Can you handle a working breed? Can you easily throw around 65lbs? Do you live in a house or apartment? Do you travel out of town a lot? Do you have patients? Do you have time to learn about negative behaviors and correcting them? Do you know the breed’s history? These are questions you need to ask yourself. I’m an American Pitbull Terrier dog breeder registered with the UKC and ADBA, heavy on the Hemphill and Heinzl bloodline. These dogs require a lot of attention, excessive exercise, and firm discipline. If given lots of love and good training, these dogs will follow you to the gates of hell. They are great around people and kids, but must be watched around dominant dogs or kept away. If you don’t own a house, this isn’t the dog for you. Be weary about rescue dogs, they tend to be ticking time bombs, and most pit attacks are mixed pits with a random breed, or neglected dogs. Really do your research about them before getting one. Check out adbadog.com

Nope. They're known for killing other people's pets.

• Alex

Yes they are. The problem with Pit Bulls are that they're the current "bully breed" of dog.

By "bully breed", I of course refer to the preferred dog breed for people wanting a "Tough" breed of dog for protection and/or intimidation purposes.

Before it was the Rottweiler, before that the Doberman.

Pit Bulls as a breed are no better nor no worse than most breeds of the size. With proper socialization and minimal obedience training...they're fun, friendly, and loving animals. In fact, the Pit Bull was considered "America's Dog". Little Rascals had "Petey" who was the dog companion of the gang of friends.

My own personal experiences is that they are energetic and wanting to play so you do need to spend some time each day to work off the energy.

Here's a good video that explains the pros and cons of the APB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmYhujR52QQ

Youtube thumbnail

• Alex
      4 weeks agoReport

https://dogtime.com/reference/60537-bully-dog-breeds

This is absolutely true

I have a relative by marriage who was killed by pit bulls

She lived in Acton, 40 miles north of Los Angeles

She was 60 and went for her daily walk

She went by a house that was growing marijuana with a bad fence

Four pit bulls, a rottweiler, and a German Shepherd mix dog somehow dug under the fence

They killed her, tore her arm completely off her body and took it away and ate some of it. They dragged her body 200 yards.

I am not being funny.

They are extremely loyal and affectionate animals but typically only bond with very few people. They can love one person in a home but be moody with everyone else living in the house  They are also very difficult to assimilate with other dogs and animals. They aren't my favorite dog breed, but for the right home and person they could be a good dog.