PoBoy
PoBoy asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 3 weeks ago

Would you fly on the 737 MAX?

Best Answer

If I could be in the cockpit and with an adequate prep on flight simulators.

Problems with the plane controls, particularly the autopilot inputs from angle of attack and airspeed sensors, were suspected years before the two crashes and several close calls about the same time. Turning off the features that take such critical adjustments from a human brain will be better for safety in some conditions. The idea that in clear calm weather, with fixed pathways cleared by ATC and designed by the airline execs is an easier task that only moderate automation could handle.

Where trouble comes is the designers thinking they have knowledge of every possible scenario of bad weather, unusual terrain, complex hardware failures, and the worst of all, pilot error. These lead to overconfidence in the hardware and programs that make a path of decisions lead to disaster.

Where high level automation and integration of flight controls makes sense is with proper preparation for all modes of its operation, including failure modes. Also, automation is a benefit where there is a high workload--bad weather, heavy air traffic, difficult approaches and climb outs at seldom visited runways, and unusual aircraft configurations or loading.

Source(s): My house was a block from the San Diego crash site. It was caused by lax awareness of ATC warning on traffic, overlapping control areas, bad decision of pilot training airspace, too many minds in the cockpit concentrating on not enough piloting. Been riding or flying in many planes from a 152 to an F-4 from 1948 until this century.

Not so crazy to fly in a such dangerous old plane, badly modified to make a "best seller" plane, and a best killer one...!

Sorry but our lifes are far more importants than the business plan of the Boeing Company, and I wouldn't sacrify my life for it, not even with confortable seats and beautifull lights on board...

Yes, They are as safe as any aircraft and they are fun to fly.

A GOOD ADVENTURE TO FLY WITH IT EVERY TIME AND BE SURE TO BUY HEAVY LIFE INSURANCE BEFORE FLING. DO NOT FLY WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY.OTHERWISE, NOBODY COLLECTS THE INSURED BENEFIT AFTER THE SURE KILL BY THIS JUNK.

• qrk

I have in the past and if the opportunity arises again, I will. The interior design is nice with probably the best designed overhead bins for that size aircraft.

• PoBoy
      3 weeks agoReport

Fine. The first job of any flight is a safe landing.

No, because all those 2 accidents happening overseas, I rather fly on a plane where all the equipment is fairly inspected like Delta

They probably will make a few adjustments and change the name to something else. I probably fly after it is deemed safe.

• Manny

No, not even if this whole shït wasn't happening.

I hate and fear planes with a passion.

Source(s): Which is why I'm patiently waiting for the land bridge between Alaska and Chukotka… LOL…