Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 4 weeks ago

If someone is making a high school student work too many hours during the school year should they contact the department of labor about the?

Labor violations?

6 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

    Not if the student wants to keep their job.

    Reporting may make the employer correct the problem, but it won't stop the employer from firing the student for a totally unrelated reason.

  • 4 weeks ago

    Are you working at a family-owned business? If so, reporting them to the Dept. of Labor is not a good idea for family harmony. Just ask them you need to work fewer hours to keep your grades up. If it's not a family-owned business, then tell the employer than you can only work X hours per week. Be prepared to get a new job if necessary.

  • marty
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Might just as well get used to it, it doesn't get better when you're no longer a minor.

  • 4 weeks ago

    only if they're a minor

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

    No, this looks like a job for...

    Ghost Busters!

  • 4 weeks ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.