What Texas cities are named after European countries and cities (i.e. Paris, TX, London, TX, Prague, TX)?

Update:

I meant e.g., not i.e.. Someone pointed this out.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

At least these-

Argyle Texas Some believe a railroad surveyor named the town after a garden in France. However, others believe the town to be named after the region of Argyll in Scotland.

Athens

Carthage was named for carthage, mississippi which was named for carthage tennessee which was name foe the ancient city Carthage in Tunisia which is in Africa but near Europe

Corinth, ancient city in Greece

Dublin, Ieland

Heidelberg, Germany

Italy

Liverpool, England

Milano you can choose between an intended misspelling by the postal authorities because the name submitted was Milam and there was already a Milam, Texas or it was named after Milan, Italy

Muenster, named for Münster Germany

Naples, Italy

New London

Newcastle named for Newcastle upon Tyne England

Paris

small town Praha named after Prague

Riviera The French Riviera (or Côte d'Azur) is the Mediterranean coast of southeastern France.

Roma after Rome italy

Scotland

Turkey

• 3 weeks ago

Edinburg,paris,london,athens,florence,shumen,Frenstat,Frydek,Hostyn, Nechanitz,Roznov,Vsetin,Mentone,Muenster,New Ulm,Weimar, and about 30 more,

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

A lot actually, but not only European countries..

Spanish named cities, and also Native American named cities (Waxahachie, Comanche, Nacogdoches (of the Caddo tribe), Omaha, Tahoka, Waco...etc..)

Palestine, TX.

Texas itself is Tejas (Tay-haas) a word which means "friends or allies" in a number of Native American tribal languages

• John P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I think you mean "e.g.", rather than "i.e.". "E.g." means "for example", "i.e." means "that is". I had a new boss once who got it wrong, I was very confused when reading his communications until I realised that he had the wrong notion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Athens, Dublin, Odessa, Overton, Paris, Richmond, Roma, Scotland, Stafford, Troy.

• 3 weeks ago

texas is gay confirmed?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.