CPAP machines help?

So I have a cpap machine and theirs limestone inside the boiling tray. Is limestone only formed from tap water and not bottle water. Because if so I'll use bottled water to prevent limestone inside the boiler

• poldi2

Limestone is in all water that has not been distilled.

You are always supposed to use purified distilled water, not tap water in a bipap/cpap humidifier. Try soaking the humidifier tray [ your "boiler" ] with 50/50 vinegar / distilled water for a few hours..... that should break up the mineral deposits, then scrub the deposits if any remain. [ If still a lot of deposits, then use 100% white vinegar for a few hours ... it also works on shower heads that have mineral deposits ].... then rinse the tray several times...some vinegar smell may remain, but it is not harmful and goes away quickly.

I wash my hose and humidifier tray once a week, and was told to use a 50/50 mixture of vinegar/ distilled water...... soak the tray and the inside of the tubing/hose for about 90 min [ I hang the tubing in a U shape in the shower, it will drip a bit ]. Headgear... I wash about every 1-2 weeks with just soap and water... hang dry. The mask itself, they say wash daily, but I usually only wash it with soap and water once a week.

Hope this helps !

Yes, the impurities are from the tap water. Wash or replace the tank and use DISTILLED water. [The bigger issue with tap water is that you are breathing some of those impurities into your lungs.]

You're supposed to be using DISTILLED water. Not tap water, not bottled drinking water, not spring water. It has to be distilled.

• R K

your supposed to use Distilled water in the humidifier, not tap water.

I use a CPAP machine. You are to only use distilled water in the reservoir.

• CRR

Clean your water reservoir regularly using 1-2 tablespoons vinegar and fill with water. Allow to stand for a while before emptying and drying. Remove the reservoir from the machine before doing this.

[edit] I use a CPAP machine and the instructions with my machine say you can use tap water and to clean as above. You don't need the bother and expense of using distilled water.