Why do you think altruism survives natural selection?

If there is no ulimate truth, then all you've got left are opinions... and my opinion would be just as valid as yours.

So my (worthless) opinion is that if this life is all you get, you may as well go live the most selfish life you can, while you can (can all you get then sit on your can).

OR, you've been so busy conforming, that you're missing the incredible...

Bubbles trapped in amber (fossilized sap) prove the air had 50% more oxygen pre-flood: for this reason everything lived ten times longer. Horns, tusks, fangs, reptiles, bugs, grasses and trees grew huge. We know the age of tigers by the length of their fangs. You don’t think sabre-toothed tigers were born that way, do you? Fossils formed when silica permeated the tissues of plants and animals. Tsunami waves engulfed plants and animals in mud. Buried under billions of tons of water for over a year, the minerals turned them into stone. Stone cannot be dated. You can't hold up a rock and decide how many times it's travelled around the sun (how we determine a year).

Oxygen bonded to hydrogen molecules to form the oceans. There were no oceans before the flood.

There is no such thing as evolution/natural selection.

Fish eggs are still fish eggs. Chicken eggs are still chicken eggs. There's nothing in between. Now if you're triggered by this, let me assure you I really don't care. What I DO care about is your salvation. If I had said "A meteor caused a world wide catastrophe" you’d give me BA, but because I say ‘God did it’ your carnal mind is naturally hostile towards me. You hate me/think I’m crazy/falsely criticise and/or want to call me names. Why? Because you don't want a God that demands you change, so you hate those who are obedient to Him.

Nevertheless, if lashing out is how you cope, go right ahead. Feel free to heap all the abuse you have stored up for Christians onto me. I can take it. :)

• Tom S

The altruism of an individual can help the species to more successful. Species evolve, not individuals.

There not many ways to perpetuate your genome (the unconscious goal of all living thing)

- Interspecies competition:

eat and not be eaten

and meanwhile: mate and reproduce as much as possible.

- Intraspecies competition

Seduce the best possible partner, i.e. mix your genes with the best possible genes.

Kill or dismiss the previous alpha male and kill his offspring

- altruism

Die or risk your life in order to protect the group you are closely related to. The more genetic links you have with the group, the more willing you are to die for it.

Examples:

. A bee doesn't hesitate to sting and so die when fighting an aggressor. The whole hive is her clones and the queen is still laying eggs that will be her twin sisters.

. The monkey who shrieks when spotting a predator puts himself in danger, but he alerts the group made of his siblings, cousins, parents... that danger is coming.

Conditioning via education

Because obviously it improves life expectancy and human history has proved time and time again we survived thanks to socialism/socialisation.

There is no such thing as altruism, neither in nature, nor in human society. What you are probably thinking of is cooperation. Cooperation is essential for selfish organism to survive in a hostile place. Do not confuse mutually beneficial cooperation for altruism. Animals cooperate with others for their own sake, not for the sake of others.

Altruism is taught. It's not genetic.

• Cowboy

A family survives better then an individual......

im not clever enough to understand this

You scratch my back, I scratch yours.