I am trying to name my fantasy series. Phaethera Falls. The Fall of the Courtyard. Fire at Calbourne. which one is the better?

These three titles are for the first book! Not the name of the series.

• Tina
    Best Answer

It is difficult to pronounce Phaethera, which would make it hard to recommend by word of mouth, and not easy to ask for in book shops. It might also get mis-spelled on line, so readers might not find it at all.

I can't tell, too whether Phaethera is a person (who falls over, falls from grace?) a city or a scenic waterfall.

The Fall of the Courtyard quite honestly doesn't sound very exciting. Besides, how can a courtyard fall?

Fire at Calbourne isn't necessary a fantasy. Calbourne sounds a bit like a railway station.

The first is too hard to pronounce.

The second is too common.

Third is sort of ok.

I th ink Phaethera Falls is a very interesting name for a series. I like that one best.

• Marli

Did you mean "The Fall of the Courtier"? or "The Fall of the Count"?

I thought the first title was about a waterfall or a town named after a waterfall, like Niagara Falls.

The other two are ok - if you meant "Courtier" or "the Court of Phaethera" - but not exciting or fantasy-like. The picture on the cover would need to explain that, or the buyer might think it's historical fiction. "The Enchanted Courtier" or "The Enchantment of Count Phaethera" might be interesting. At least it hints at magic.

One problem for me in answering the question: I don't know who or what Phaethera is or any part of your story, so I can't say if any of the titles fits it.

Fäterä fälls :)