Is abortion necessary in the west?

Women have been provided with all the tools necessary to control when they get pregnant. Apart from instances of rape, incest or serious medical issue, why is it needed at all?

Best Answer

Why don't you ban masturbation too, you are killing sperm cells every time you whack it why should a fetus be treated any differently from a cell.

• hi
      1 month agoReport

if that's the case then please read "GAY PRIESTS COST MONEY" and " HALF OF PRIESTS AND BISHOPS ARE GAY"

• Elana

If people acted perfectly, perhaps not.

But they don't. The fact that you start listing off exceptions might be a clue. How about when women think they hare in a steady relationship and are ready to have a child and then the guy (and whatever financial support he brings) leaves?

Smart, always competent, perfectly reliable women would probably require abortion almost never.

But that's a tall order. Are you always smart, always competent and always reliable? Why do you expect women to be?

Or how about if the fetus won't even make it through gestation but will endanger the mother's life prior to dying?

Or how about if two people who aren't competent have sex with no comprehension of what taking care of a child would be like (or even that sex leads to children)?

• Elana
      4 weeks agoReport

Both my arguments are valid and with no information to the contrary, why would we believe you?

• Bill

Women having or not having tools to avoid pregnancy doesn't provide merit for women to abort. Killing your own flesh and blood is wrong no matter if birth control exists and is widely used or if birth control doesn't exist at all.

Of course not and each abortion is a tragedy, but in order for abortion to be no longer a consideration, alternative measures for pregnancy planning need to be in place.  Whoever invents 100% effective male birth control is going to be the first trillionaire.

• Bill
      4 weeks agoReport

This risk was already known before they ever started their research into their current attempt at the male birth control pill.

Yes, of course it is, in and of itself. And even MORE so because no contraceptive is 100% effective.

Friggin'' AMAZING.

You make all these posts that make it very clear you have a hard time seeing other full grown ADULTS of other religions, nationalities, races, or the other gender as even being HUMAN, but you freak out over A FETUS.(?!!!)

The ability to prevent or abort unwanted pregnancies, to self regulate our own reproduction, is pretty much the only thing that separates humans from the other animals. Other animals use tools, make war, have rules, agriculture, animal husbandry, and all the other things we think of as uniquely human, but that is the only one that's REAL (well, spaceflight, but we don't actually do very much of that, it's mostly hype).

And you would have us dispense with it because it makes YOU queasy?

FRACK, NO. And BESIDES the fact that I'm already convinced on the issue, you personally have such a terrible track record that any of your recommendations have to be looked at very, VERY skeptically.

If YOU want to go back to the savannah, shivering in the cold and dark, a-skeered of lightning and the stars, go ahead, but demanding that the rest of us go back to primitive times WITH you?

Son, that ain't gonna happen.

When the Amish Christians, Hassidic Jews, the jihadists among the Muslims, fundamentalist Hindus, and Tibetan Buddhists, can all LEGITIMATELY point at YOU as being behind the times, fella, you've got a PROBLEM.

Source(s): FREE ABORTION ON DEMAND! No ifs, no ands, no buts
    • Hotblack
      1 month agoReport

I restate that I am not racist. I will be friends with anyone who approaches with a genuine friendly tone. Where the left has gone wrong, is the insistance that we must accept everyone. This is where the line is drawn. You're idiots

Like other posters have stated, contraceptives fail.

• Pat Wooden
      1 month agoReport

Some use abortions as the "erasers" to correct their mistakes.  Often the father or parents insist on it.

• Huh?

Because contraceptives don't have a 100% success rate; even condoms and the Pill fail sometimes.

• Hotblack
      1 month agoReport

Failure of contraceptives does not account for the colossal level of abortions. And women have post-ejaculation options as well. You trying to tell me they all fail?

Because no birth control method is 100% effective, and the most commonly used are not the most effective. Not following directions adds to failure rates. Also some women can't easily get birth control products because they can't afford them or they don't want others to know they are having sex. Some religions and controlling partners forbid that women use them.

• Pat Wooden
      1 month agoReport

I appreciate the constructive criticism.  I can't let my many dehumanizing male interactions color my opinion of the whole gender.  I guess I need more good men around me.

To make overpopulation slightly less of a problem

yes I do it all the time but mostly when I use to much sugar I am doing it right now