do you think I deserve to be punished with a 3 hour Saturday detention ?

this morning I have a 3 hour Saturday detention to serve, we have to wear full school uniform, white shirt tie and black blazer, we will have to sit out our desks in TOTAL silence and write a 6 page essay on why we are being punished.

MY CRIME me and a few friends thought it would be fun to skip the last lesson and go bowling, as we had already had afternoon registration we thought we wouldn t get caught, we got caught and now this is our punishment,

I REALLY REALLY don t want to go I cant think of anything worse then having to sit at a desk on a Saturday writing boring essays, DO YOU THINK WE DESREVE THIS PUNISHMENT OR IS IT TOO HARSH advice please ?

Best Answer

Yes, Kool, I do. Because skipping school is illegal, period. And you need to learn that the world doesn't revolve around YOU. You knew the rules, and you broke them. I get that you wanted to go along with your buddies and be part of the group- after all, I was a teenager once too. But both they and you were WRONG to do what you did, and because you did the crime, you need to pay the Piper and do the TIME.

I know it'll be boring as Hell to be in school on a Saturday writing an essay about what you and your friends did and why that was wrong- but the beauty of this experience will be that perhaps you'll THINK TWICE before you decide to skip school again, no matter what your buddies try to tempt you with. That's the whole point of this punishment. It's not to make your life miserable, it's to teach you a lesson that you badly need to LEARN. There are other alternatives, including paddling, that are much worse. Would you prefer one of those, Kool?

Unjustified says Jesus

• Sally

yes, I do. That sort of thing is appropriate in a government school inside a police state

Source(s): www.FFF.org

Sounds like a well deserved punishment.

I hope you have learned your lesson.

it might be fair cause youre not supposed to leave school like that

that's a punishment u get from school for skipping lesson.

I think that the punishment is too harsh. It is the last lesson and I think that a warning would be much better than detention. Bunking is a pretty big issue in schools but school can be pretty boring. Learning Geography is pretty fun at school.

It sure is a pain to do all that when you're supposed to be at home and maybe watching some decent sitcoms or playing some football.

Your detention should have at least been reduced considerably and you should have wrote a 2 page essay. I think that 6 page essay is unnecessary. I know detentions is a strong method of discipline but a serious warning is more fit and if caught then detention is appropriate but not this much. Make it small but wants the issue is numerous then expand it.

• Nico Robin
      1 month agoReport

Well you said you're not going to skip lessons so perhaps it did. The punishment must have been too dreadful for you that you'd say this. Just don't skip any more lessons. I know school can be boring but just be there.

Sounds good to me, a teacher. Any detention given by me began, at length, with an explanation of how embarrassed and disgusted I was by the actions of pupils I had trusted and would trust no more

Sure you do. You knew the rules, you knew the penalties for breaking those rules, and you chose to break the rules anyway. Detention isn't supposed to be fun.

• kool1 month agoReport

it was really dull and boring , why does detention have to be so painful ?

• Brian

Do you think that YA replies will get your detention lifted?