rav asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 10 months ago

why havent semi auto weapons been banned in the US ?

You dont need fast shooting guns to hunt.

You can keep your one shotter rifles though

• Mr.357

Guns DO NOT EXIST IN THE U.S.A. for hunting. We should be allowed to have as good as the military has. See Founding Fathers and the U.S.A. Constitution as amended.

• C_F_45

"Congress have no power to disarm the people. Their swords and EVERY other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American. The unlimited power of the sword is not in the Federal or State governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." Tench Coxe(Continental Congress 1788)

U.S. vs Cruikshank 1876 SCOTUS decision "The right to keep and bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in ANY manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence. The Second Amendment means no more than that it shall not be infringed by Congress, and has no other effect than to restrict the power of the national government." IOW you have a pre political(a natural or God given right if you prefer), to defend yourself, your family, your freedom and your country with the best weapon(s) available.

I agree with you.   Why has military grade weapon not been banned?  because.... the senators like to use AR-15 semi auto rifle for shooting hogs and probably "their enemies".    it is confusing and weird to see someone "laughing" when they are shooting a propane gas and it explodes.   they are amused by explosion and destruction.   and probably, this comment with get the most "thumbs down".  People dont like being real these days....

• JOHN B

Why haven't cars that go over the speed limit been banned. They kill as many people as guns

1. The Second Amendment is not about hunting. 2. If the bad guys have semi autos then the good guys should have them too. 3. As long as I do not hurt someone with my gun, you should not be telling me I can not have it.

• Rick

Most simply because to ban them would be in violation of our Constitution.

Well interesting most here are clueless so far. Are you speaking of the ability to fire successive shots quickly. Is that the problem you see with Semi Auto Firearms ?

Did you know a PUMP action CAN be fired faster then a Semi Auto ? I know guys so quick I tease them. I call them the INVISIBLE hand. Heck, go to any Skeet range and watch guys shoot the Doubles with a Pump gun. Just about anyone can rack those things quick.

As far as hand guns a revolver can be fired just as rapidly as any semi automatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR7xKNuxFI8

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7W-5QE3jzw

Youtube thumbnail

maybe theyre afraid to ban them

• Robin

you need it for self defence

• Kini

Congress is against banning weapons.