Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings Β· 1 month ago

What should I wear?

I'm a teenage girl and I've only ever been to brown weddings. Since they were brown weddings, I've only ever worn cultural clothing. I have just been invited to a wedding, but it's from a family friend who isn't brown, and I don't know what to wear! I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks!! :)

Best Answer

Just try to not outshine the bride. Avoid white and extra extravagant clothing. It might be nice to wear something cultural as long as it isn't overly "decorative". The point of most western weddings is to give the couple a time to shine

• No problem! These sorts of cultural collisions can be very awkward, kudos to you for doing your best to fit in :)

Go to a store that sells wedding and brides maids clothes, and ask them . I believe you could even pick out your best dress and ask your family friend if this is okay to wear. Who knows, she may even enjoy you wearing the cultural clothing you already have.

bring out your inner white girl

• Bill

where what ever , your friend generally wears when she goes out

Jeans are out as is overly bright cloths

anyway ask her what her family would be comfortable with amnd wear that

• Henry

What's a brown wedding? I only know shirt and pants and underwear and socks and shoes.