Do motorcyclists who make their exhausts super loud realize how much regular people hate them?

Favorite Answer

They don't care who they irritate, they are too busy trying to find something missing in their pants..  I hope they like surprises, and the slime that protect them also...  

South park episode......

Yeah and that's why their middle fingers are so tired.

• F

Harleys sound great. Same goes for Subarus and any V8. Honda Civics (except Type R) are embarrassing. Anyone remember the Yamaha FS1E moped from the 70s. 16 year olds shoving a piece of copper pipe in the exhaust to make it nosier. Sounded like a huge swarm of bees.

ALL UNNECESSARY NOISE is a nuisance and should be given tickets. ESPECIALLY THE HARLEY RIDERS who take out the baffles and add straight pipes.. THEY SHOULD BE LOCKED UP.

• ShalloWhale

Thanks for your comment, Sarge. Goons are just goons, without any intelligence, and they don't have any comprehension about how what they do affects other people.

Funny enough over here it's the boy racers in their little Honda Civics and Ford Fiesta's with the loudarse exhausts that annoy people more. Though people on sportbikes with aftermark exhausted aren't exactly over with the crowd either. But oddly enough Harleys don't seem to bother people. Then again they are quite rare in comparison.

Most people don't Hate Anyone . And., on a Sunday, For Shame.

Most Hate the Sound, Yes. Just like I hate bills, But, I don't hate the Mailman...

It's those on opened up little Metrics and 2 strokes that zip thru residentials, trying to "impress"....When Kids are running across street-! We Harley riders are Cool in Any neighborhood. Only open 'er up on a long lonely desert road like SR83. We don't have

to: "impress" Anyone, we know we are cool....

i have straight V & H pipes, yes, bought 'er that way. Some sailor knocked baffles out, as by Fed law (which apples to ALL states), can't exceed factory dBM. But, cagers that Text, windows up, AC on, stereo on, or Dodge "Ram" drivers, can't hear me, anyway. Sometimes, a head will turn--In Very Slow traffic. NOT at 45 or 55 or 80. Foolish to Expect they hear or notice; better to be on defensive 100% of the time.

NW--when was the Last time you gave $ to Charity? Ive done 33 runs/rides. ALL give 70% to Teen Challenge or some good cause. YOU are selfish, sitting there, bitching, and not helping others.

They are numb from the noise and vibration, and could not care less about "collateral damage".

That's usually silly little youths riding 125s who take the baffle out to make them sound like big bikes. I had one little twit following me yesterday while riding my FZ1 and despite being a 1000cc I couldn't hear my bike.

Once we got on the open road I left him for dust.

• Anon7 months agoReport

Fun being behind a 125 when you are riding a 650...haveta downshift 2 gears to keep from running them down-!

• Sky

They probably do but don't care. What I don't understand is why noise ordinances for vehicles never apply to motorcycles.

• Anon7 months agoReport

Anon · just now

• Anton

Congratulations! You have just made them happy.