Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 3 weeks ago

I'm done rooting for the Yankees. I can't be miserable anymore. Should I become a Boston Red Sox fan?

I'm done being evil. I'm not going to let this team ruin my mental health. I don't root for has beens and I certainly won't for these chockers anymore.

I always a closet Red Sox fan for as long as I could remember. But I'm done hiding in the closet. This is my life and I have the right to be happy and root for the real deal if I want to.

Best Answer

Welcome aboard!

• Clearly you are a Bandwagon Fan and you conveniently forget that The Boston Red Sox went 86 Years without Winning The World Series. Since the they won in 2004, 2007, 2013 and 2018 and so now you want to jump on their Bandwagon. The Yankees did perfectly fine without you having won 27 World Series, they'll live. Don't come crying back to The New York Yankees Universe when The Yankees win their 28 World Series. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Pick a team you enjoy watching.  A team that is playing the game right.  Root for the product on the field not the hat on the head.  

That would make you a bandwagon fan

You can't be serious lol

since you want to go from Yankees to Red Sox - you were NEVER a Yankee fan. MOVE ON!

• Alice3 weeks agoReport

Since 99.9% of Yankees "fans" are bandwagon riders to begin with, you probably aren't wrong. 

Words from a disconnected child. We older folk are terribly disappointed too. However, look at the record. Yankees are ALWAYS in the playoffs.

I was a fan in there 60s after Yankees lost WS to St Lous (1964?). It was 13 years of less-than- mediocrity until we won again.

Sanchez is the goat here (and Encarnacion). If not for that passed ball the HR in bottom of ninth would have been the tie run. Yankees had a fantastic season. Give credit to Houston. 

All that said, I FEEL YOUR PAIN BROTHER. This is worse than 2001 and Diamondbacks

PS - DJ Lemahieu is FANTASTIC!!!

The Yankees made it further than the Red Sox. Either stick with the Yankees or root for someone you know doesn't have a chance like Colorado.

Come to the light side.

Why not just enjoy the baseball games they show on television, without needing to root for any one team?