Trying to find this campfire song... any ideas?

I know you might be thinking of Spongebob after reading the “title” but I assure you it’s not.

Brief background:

I’ve taken vocal lessons on and off throughout my whole life. I am in my mid 20s now but when I was like 8, I used to go to one guy who gave me sheet music to a few songs including a song along the titles of *My Campfire Dreams*.

I can’t find the song anywhere online, I lost the sheet music, and I don’t know the artist or lyricist who wrote the song. It’s stuck in my head and has been for a few years, but I never really thought to care cause I thought I still had the sheet music for it; I spent a few hours looking and couldn’t find it anywhere so here we are (yahoo answers). 

Here are the main lyrics I remember (they could be wrong*)

“Dearest one it seems, you are in my campfire dreams. Stars falling down, like a million fireflies. I need you around, to complete my paradise. So someday, soon, when the moonlight beams, just to hear my campfire dreams.”

Thanks in advance! 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Wow, I spent the longest time trying to find this song. Immediately after posting this, I find the song. 

It is My Campfire Dreams from the movie Make a Wish (1937). It was written by Paul Webster and music by Louis Alter.Thanks for those, within the 20 min, who had read over my question!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Nobody wants to read your brief background prick. Get a ukulele, take the strings off and cut your wrists with it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.