Can chlamydia go away in 5 days?

Okay so I got tested for stds on 10/10 and I tested positive for chlamydia on 10/14 so I went back to the doctor and they gave me 2 pills to take to treat it and she told me not to have sex for 10 days but I had unprotected sex yesterday and it’s only been 5 days. I googled it and it takes 7 days for chlamydia to clear up. My question is can I still pass it on to my partner even though I’m being treated for it? I couldn’t wait the whole 10 days someone please help. No rude comments!

Favorite Answer

No! have to finish the med course.....

Usually between 4-28 days after intercourse with an infected person, an infected man feels a mild burning sensation in his urethra while urinating. A discharge from the penis usually develops.

Most women infected with chlamydia have no symptoms, some might have a frequent urge to urinate, pain while urinating, pain in the lower abdomen, pain during sexual intercourse and secretions of yellow mucus and pus from the vagina.

This and ureaplasmal (men) infections are usually treated with tetracycline or doxycycline taken for at least 7 days or with a single dose of azithromycin. Its known to return in some,, after treatments...Then the treatments are repeated however with a longer duration.

Infected people who have sexual intercourse before completing treatment (s), can/may infect there partners This is why both people are simultaneously treated if possible

Source(s): nurse

you dont listen to instructions

• Tulip

Wow there's just no helping stupid

So in other words you were to stupid to take the doctors advice? Do you think he just made it up?

Yes you will pass it on and then he passes it back to you and that is the reason you wait 10 days to make sure you are clear.