is britain gradually turning ' dictator like '?

i just see small signs of a dictator type regime slowly creeping in....like before i heard an advert on the radio, which sounded authoritarian in nature warning people that by 2020 all large vehicles must comply with some new eu law and regulations?....and to me that sounded quite dictator like...who are the eu to govern our country and dictate to us what we do with our vehicles?.....and secondly i thought we won brexit and were leaving the eu so we were not under eu authority any longer?

why does it seem the media, our government, and the eu are starting to dictate to us now?  is this signs of a creeping dictatorship emerging?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

The EU are dictators and as the UK is a member of the EU the UK have to follow the EU laws or get fined billions for not doing so...as they have done many times in the past......... which is the main reason why the majority voted for Brexit... the UK have not left as yet and even when they do and they will deal or no deal part of the 'aggreement' allowing the UK to leave is that many of these EU laws have to be written into UK laws............ have you been in a coma for the last 3 yrs and missed all the Brexit news/debates?

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We'll be out of the EU before then!

• 1 month ago

The UK is a member of the EU until it actually leaves.

As member of the EU, the UK participates in setting standards for vehicles and other things. Any resulting rules are a joint decision that WE have agreed to comply with.

The UK government's job is to inform all those affected which, I suppose, is why they made the advert you saw.

I see no signs of dictatorship in that.

No one 'won' a vote to leave the EU.

When (or if) we leave the EU, we can choose to ignore its rules if we are prepared to live with the consequences. If we want our lorries to be able to drive in Europe, we have to stick to whatever rules apply in Europe. Did you think leaving the EU would mean we could go our own way on everything???? That is not how it will ever be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.