Someone left me a chicken or a pigeon wing on the carpet of the entrance of the house?

I live in an apartment on the first floor. what could it be? is that a cat?

Cats don't have wings.

• Erik

Cats do this, for some weird reason. They will take dead animals they have killed and put them on your doorstep. But that's usually the OWNER of the cat. If you don't have a cat, maybe it's some psycho neighbor who really likes you.

Cats, dogs and probably a few other creatures do have a tendency to hunt and kill other critters. The torn apart remains of these critters get spread around the area. Don't be too alarmed by this. This is just typical animal behavior.

Yes you have a cat that has been hanging around and it's presenting an offering to you this is a cat's way a presenting tribute. They'll bring you a lizard they'll bring you a snake a rat or a mouse. I've even seen cats bring portions other cat food from their bowl and put it on your bed as an offering!