Large calluses?

My husband is in real pain. The cushions with holes are suitable for only small calluses. Now it is become huge and is creeping towards falling. But meanwhile he has become immobile. Is there anything I can make to relieve the pain. It has to be something that cushions, so the calluses don’t touch any surface. I wa s planning to cut out fro gel pads and wrap it on his foot. But am looking for better ideas.

8 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    Bring him to a foot doctor...  

  • 4 weeks ago

    See a podiatrist. We are the foot experts.

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    1st   off  is he  diabetic have   Heart   disease  Any Peripheral Artery or  Vascular Disease  Diagnosis? or  does  any of that RUN in his  family ?   IF so  Then  ITS  deeper  then Just a  dr scholls  Soles kind of  thing... ALso if the  answers yes,   Has he been to a  Physician within the last year ? if he has   did he have blood work?  hows his  cholesterol  His Blood pressure  general health?  is he a smoker?  was he a smoker  but  quit x number of  months or years ago ?  Just  seeing a  foot doctor  without know  anything will NOT  serve any Good purpose...  whatever  the foot doctor does  will become  a monthly  necessity...  Yes  start him   soaking the  feet  in warm water and  epsom  salts  every day or two  20 minutes  to 40 minutes  when he  comes  out   there  are a NUMBER  of  Tools   available  to work on  these  skin compressions from Things   that look like cheese  graters to Course  Sanding blocks  to those  white  Boney things    that  YOU  give an Parrot  to keep his   claws and  beak  sharp  to   the  little   battery operated    sandpaper  device  available at  Walmart ..  There are also  various   types  of  lotions   That  are  made for  DIABETIC PEOPLE  to help  soften   the similarly    rough  skin issues  You   will find  all of there items   at the  pharmacy or  Walmart  Target   etc   in the  pharmacy section (FOOT  isle)    Ask  the pharmacist    if they  carry "MOLESKIN"  which is  a large   Peel and stick  item   similar  to the small pads  your  speaking of  for  Bunions  BUT without the  holes  IF  his  heel is anything LIKE MINE    plastering  it  with moleskin patches May  begin to  help  ALso What  kind of  shoes  does he wear ?  Flat soles  like sneakers and   Boat   shoes  Moccasins   are   terrible   he needs  a  quality  Heeled  shoe  and  should  change   they  day to day    so one shoe  can  dry out and breath   work  Boots   same  thing  Having two pair to swap back and  forth  is  needed  for  foot health   

    • branddxb
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

      He’s been to doctors. The doc has ztold him to go to an orthopedist to see alignment issues. Right now it is a large calluses that is causing him grief. And I want to give him some padding which has a hole so the callus doesn’t touch any surface. We are doing the sandpaper thing.

  • 4 weeks ago

    Audrey is correct. He needs to see a podiatrist. I don't know where you are, but Medicare pays for visits every 3 months in the U.S.

    A podiatrist will exfoliate and safely grind down the thickened areas. Make an appointment! Good luck

    • Jim 06460389
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

      Grinding  is  fine  Unless  he is a heart or  diabetic  (and  they might not even  know  he is  as of  yet ...  Looking at  the  "aesthetic  answer"  should  never  be the 1st answer ....  I am a heart  and  Vascular   Pt   MY   left    heel 3/12 x 3  and  I "exfoliate it  and  grind it down  often 

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    He needs to see a podiatrist. If you have insurance it will usually pay for at least one visit.

  • 4 weeks ago

    It’s under his foot. Initially the callus pad cushions were working. Now with applications of medicines it’s peeling off and getting bigger.

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Not much sense here. The calluses are where?

  • 1 month ago

    You should get some pain medicines. There is a pretty strong medicine called Tylenol.

    Update: I think you should take him to a doctor or the hospital.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.