Have police ever caught a 1000cc motorcycle?

yes many times. If you have a 1000 cc motorcycle you need to be a good rider

• There were many old Harleys and Indians over 1,000 cc. Displacement, Alone, means Nothing.I have a 1440cc (88"), only 70 BHP. And 660 lbs.. NOT like 110 Hp and 400 #.

Uh, the police used to use the Kawasaki KZ1000P motorcycle, so during that era I would say that they caught them sitting in their own parking lot.

• It's Power to Weight; Not strictly displacement. My '06 SCFI FX is 1440 c's, actually Small for a Harley or Indian. I doubt she will go 110.

in AU the Police use Big motorcycles like the 1300 BMW so yes many times

• armouror
      3 weeks agoReport

a Police Triumph 2.2 ltr wont have a problem in AU

Saw a guy on a CBR1000 (Or was it 600?) with Repsol paint job being chased by cops years ago on YouTube... I'm sure you can find it.

Spoiler:

He had a broken wrist so he fell down at the end...

Sure, they Must have. Usually don't chase, as this can cause fatality. Just follow at a sane speed until him/her slows down (Will, eventually) and/or radio for roadblock. No MC can do 186,000 miles per second..

Besides, 1000 ccs can be only 62 hp on a 900 lb. frame. Like a '34 ULH. 85, tops. I'm sure Barney Fife caught one with a '55 Ford.

Can be 110 hp on 400. My 1440 cc (88") will only do 120, with a tailwind, downhill. Apples and oranges.

• Tim D

Yes, they have, and if you have to ask the question then you are not ready to find out.

• Many 1,000 cc or larger are actually kinda slow  Even KZ1000 police special. .Only the modern FZR and CBX are fast And 1,000 ccs. 

Where I live the police have 1300cc BMW's yet have a policy of being nowhere to be seen, so I doubt they have caught a 1000cc motorcycle. I wonder if the union pressured bosses into giving them shift long breaks.

• Dimo

Have ever? Of course!

Often? Hell NO.

Generally they simple follow the motorcyclist until they crash.

Running from the cops changes an infraction (costs about $200) to a felony (a year of more in prison.)

• Anon3 weeks agoReport

Stop Pretending to Know something...

It is hard to outrun a police radio. However, we used to 'escape' from pursuing cops by ducking out on country lanes, out the back way in cemetaries, and that stuff. I and my buddies were never caught in any pursuit. 

• JetDoc

Caught it doing WHAT?