does anyone else hate the taste of bell pepper in their food.?

i always skip the bell peppers when im getting fajitas or something. it doesnt have a good flavor profile to me

• IvaB
    Best Answer

green peppers do have a somewhat different taste from say;yellow,orange,or red peppers which are slightly"sweeter".in the past I wasn't that fond of them either,but,if you have a gas stove,and char them,they mellow out and lose any disagreeable taste,and are very enjoyable imo.

I try to avoid the green bell peppers as they make me burp. Red, orange and yellow ones don’t do that. I think it’s because the green ones are not actually ripe.

My favorites are red and lately I’ve been roasting them with sweet potatoes and onions. About three large sweet potatoes cut up into 1 x 1-1/2” chunks, 2 peppers in large dice and one onion in large dice. I roast at 400 on a large baking tray til nicely roasted, this keeps in the fridge for several days. In the morning’s I wilt some spinach in butter, then fry two eggs in the pan with the spinach and put over a scoop of the heated pepper/sweet potato mix. Lovely paleo breakfast that will hold me til 2-3 in the afternoon.

• denise

I hate green bell pepper, its tastes very 'earthy', I dont mind the others though.

it dont bother me but i dont eat them much anyways

Peppers go into everything.But if you don't like them don't eat them.Food should be enjoyed.

• Dimo

Anything you dislike, there are others that also dislike.

Personally, I love bell peppers and use in about a third of my recipes.

In about 10 days I will be making bell peppers stuffed with Italian sausage, zucchini, onion and rice.

i never eat it, just dont eat it if you hate it that much

I didn't like peppers until I was about twenty. Hated stuffed peppers, would take them off of a slice of pizza. The only way they were edible was when my father fried them with onions and zucchini.

Then I had an Italian sausage with peppers and onions and from that point on, my tastebuds were different. That happened with other foods I never used to eat, and I also won't eat things I liked as a kid (generally sweet things).

So maybe that will happen for you. Peppers are good in all kinds of things, cooked and uncooked.

• .

Nope, they are quite tasty to me.

• oikoσ

That is the one food I absolutely refuse to eat. And I have eaten things that would scare away the average person. There is one exception. Pickled peppers don't bother me, although, unlike Peter Piper, I would not pick a peck of them.

Have you tried red bell peppers, they have a much sweeter taste than green bell peppers? Feel free to let me know what you think. ==========IF YOU DON"T LIKE THEM, THEN DON'T EAT THEM.  SIMPLE SOLUTION.  I AM SURE NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO EAT THEM.  

• oikoσ
      1 month agoReport

I have. My wife tried to get me to try a bite, using the same argument you used. I spent several minutes washing out my mouth after spitting the first bite into the garbage.