if I hit my head on the dashboard and the airbag went off, would I die?

idk really, just wondering 

Favorite Answer

Sounds like it knocked the brains out of you already.

• buggi9 months agoReport

you're not wrong 

The coroner can tell you, not me.

• buggi9 months agoReport

that implies that I'd die, thank u for indirectly answering my question :)

To cause the air bags to deploy, you'd have to hit the front of the car so hard you'd die of a skull fracture, and it still probably wouldn't work. It takes a pretty hard hit to do the job...

It's probably not going to kill you if you're an adult but I will guarantee you that it won't feel good you would think that an airbag would be soft and comfortable but it's far from soft and comfortable when that little piece of plastic explosive explodes inside of the airbag and it deploys it feels like being hit in the face buy a football you usually get a bloody nose from it.

• Joe

If your head was that close to a deploying airbag, yes, it might well kill you.

But banging your head on the dashboard won't trigger the airbag. The impact sensors are in the bumpers.