Thorix asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

I just bought an unvaccinated 12 week old kitten, can it meet my vaccinated cat or should I wait until after a round or two of vaccines?

Just bought this kitten and turned out it hadn't had it's vaccines yet. I'm planning on getting him in tomorrow for them, should I hold off on introducing my fully vaccinated 1-year old cat until then? Should I maybe wait until a little after the vaccination?

• J C

You need to isolate the kitten for about two weeks - and then introduce them slowly. The kitten needs to be wormed, flea treated, and tested for both FeLV and FIV (and negative). Your cat needs to be kept separate from the kitten - until all of this is done. Be sure he is current on his FVRCP vaccine as well.

If you can, yes, keep them separated until the kitten has had his health check, and vaccination.

• PAMELA

Ask the vet, they will know for sure.

It's not a matter of vaccinations it's a matter of DISEASE TESTING for Feline Leukemia and FIV.

Do NOT allow the kitten to interact with your cat until it's been tested.

Where did you "buy" an unvaccinated kitten? Registered breeders have the kittens up to date on shots before they are sold. Shelters the same. So you stupidly bought a no breed kitten with NOTHING done from someone??? Do you have at least $400 for altering, shots, disease testing and everything else?