Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 weeks ago

Job hunting in usa?

Hello,

Im really curious, how does a job hunting work in the us? I'm from Japan and in here, you usually start wearing a suit and go for a bunch of company briefings and interviews in your senior year in university. Is it the same in America? Tell me specifically I wanna know! Thank you!! 

• Foofa

Most white collar positions in the US involve sending in an application and CV electronically before being selected to come in person for an interview. Although for those just leaving university there are often job fairs and the like where prospective graduates can meet the employers that might want to hire them.

• Ben

You just like go on craigslist or whatever or think of a job you want to do then go to their website and apply. Simple!

Why don’t you ask your Japanese friends that got a job here, get trained here, then go back to Japan.

You go to the human resource of the place where you want to work or go online. Look at the jobs available, send a resume to the hiring manager. If he’s interested in hiring you, you’ll get a call for an interview. Do the interview. If he thinks you’re a fit, you’ll get hired.

yea its pretty much the same in us, but I would stay in japan tbh the economy is much better and the people are nicer. All around japan is a better place to live. If you do move to us, be prepared for a huge culture shock