Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

what wrong with my ear?

My ears have always been ok, they wouldn't get clogged very easily. One time last year for some reason my right earing got clogged really bad, I thought it was because of swimming practice, but I've swum for my entire life, and it has never happened before. With the help of my mom, she tried to use those cotton cylinders to take some earwax off if that was causing my lack of hearing. This did not help at all, it clogged both earings for a day, afterward, my left earing healed completely but my right earing got worse. I used many tricks found online to unclog my right earing but nothing worked. I even use an earwax removal kit but nothing. after some months it finally healed. My left earing was finally ok, but I noticed it was sensible and there were many activities that I couldn't do anymore like hardcore swimming and others. 3 days ago my right ear got clogged, I would have to sleep on my left ear only

....

Im

scared, i

havent

gone to the doctor, should I go?

Best Answer

Had the same issue as a kid. I used to get my ears clogged all the time, so we got an ear spray from the pharmacy and that unclogged them. Once I actually had to go to the doctor to get the earwax out. I still, as an adult, get clogged ears, but only during a bad cold.

Yes, they can clean out the excess earwax

I'm guessing it's the swimming, even if you haven't had problems before. And yes, go to the doctor, you could have "swimmer's ear".

(And don't stick cotton buds in your ear, even if they are special ones supposedly made to remove ear wax)

You should go to a doctor if you can't cure the ear clog yourself. First try using an ear bulb (rubber bulb that you squeeze to squirt hot water in your ear). Let the water stay in your ear for hours (to dissolve the clog) then try again, then try again, then try again, until the clog is gone.