Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Is Grubhub a scam? If not, why do they take money and give nothing in return?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The DO give something in return.

Grubhub helps you find and order food from wherever you are. How it works: you type in an address, we tell you the restaurants that deliver to that locale as well as showing you droves of pickup restaurants near you. Want to be more specific? Search by cuisine, restaurant name or menu item. We'll filter your results accordingly. When you find what you're looking for, you can place your order online or by phone, free of charge. Oh, and we also give you access to reviews, coupons, special deals and a 24/7 customer care team that tracks each order and makes sure you get exactly what you want.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not a scam, they'fe a solid business.Give nothing in return? They deliver your food. If you don't want to pay someone to do that, go pick it up yourself.

• 1 month ago

Sounds like it to me. They hook you in with promo deals then it's $21 for something that would have cost you $7 to get yourself. My friend tried them once, never again. She was really sick and wanted soup and ordered through Grubhub. A $8 bowl of pho from her favorite place turned into something like, $20 after all was said and done.

• John1 month agoReport

Just because they offer a convenience you shouldn't need doesn't make it a scam. Is Pizza Hut delivery a scam? Is grocery delivery a scam? Is amazon.com a scam? Everything there you could easily go to a store and pick up as well.

• 1 month ago

Yep. I got charged for the free nuggets Wendy's promo and never got the refund. I haven't used them since.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.