Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Why are users so pedantic on here?

For example, if I misuse a word to describe an issue, answerers will leap on that mistake and take the whole post out of context, make a big deal out of it. They will look to discredit the question rather than answer the query. Is this just trolling, peoples boredom or am I being oversensitive?

Update:

No they don't, Quora is overmoderated... and Canadian (i think)

Update 2:

GREAT ANSWER CATH

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

These people are not right in the mind.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Many do that because they have nothing of any real value to add to the conversation, but feel they need to say something anyway.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

IDK .I posted about a power factor capacitor, the same that picked it apart , When,Ii had Clearly said Absolute Values of inductance and capacitance, didnt seem to know what a PFC was.

• 4 weeks ago

I think people will come here to get whatever is it that troubles them (at the time) off their chest, and doubt it will be anything to do with you, or whatever words you will use, or misuse typing answers.

I was on here years ago - and it was just as odd!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

People are dicks. Pointing out other people's mistakes makes them feel superior. However, it is frustrating how often people misspell words.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

When communicating in a text based medium, being clear is helpful in order for people to understand what you are trying to ask or express. However, if someone picks apart your post without attempting to answer the question asked, that's a violation. If they answer what you asked and THEN make a polite comment correcting your spelling or grammar (for example) that shouldn't be an issue.

Part of the YA Community Guidelines are to keep posts clear and understandable. "Keep your questions succinct and descriptive, and check your spelling and grammar. It helps people find your questions, and you'll also get better answers" https://tinyurl.com/yxdra6j6 but there's no need for people to be rude about it.

• 4 weeks ago

It may be that your use of the wrong word has made the question difficult to understand. YOU know what you mean, but WE know only what we can read in your post, so if you misuse a word, we might think you mean something quite different.

Or we may simply be totally baffled.

It's the asker's responsibility to check through their question before hitting 'Post'. If you find later that people are misunderstanding, click on Edit and type an Update.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Just the nature of y!a. there are other sites like reddit that are more helpful

• 4 weeks ago

your descrying reddit x tumblr (drama)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.