Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

Is it legal to drink non alcoholic beer in public? Or since it is a beer you still can't?

You are asking a question that is answerable only by your local state, county or city. And based on the city ordinance, it could be left up to the discretion of the law enforcement officer involved. Sorry, you have to dig into local laws and ordinances to get your answer.

• blank

Non alchoolic beers still have very little alchool usually less then .5 abv.

They call them non alchoolic but they still have very little alchool.

I don't know what country you are in so it's impossible to say. I didn't think there were any countries where it's was illegal to drink anything in public unless alcohol is banned in that country.

I can't imagine that there is any country where you wouldn't legally be allowed to drink non-alcoholic beer in public. In Europe and America you can drink ordinary beer in public.

Added, where is there where a person is NOT allowed to drink beer “in public”. Nowhere that I know of!

It's legal but you're just gonna open yourself up for comments and scrutiny.

Like those fake marijuana cigarettes. No THC, just the smell. But this fool had hand rolled, the real fake ones have green filters so we knew he was smoking the real deal and he was kicked out of his apartment.

If someone didn't actually witness you opening the container, one could legally assume you dumped out the non alcoholic beer and replaced it with alcohol. this is totally plausible with homeless people. But I don't even need to do that. Nowadays, most canned beers other than bud and coors don't even look like beers. they look like arizona iced teas. i just drink my beer out in the open.

It is perfectly legal because there is no alcohol in it.