Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

What considerations do you have when developing a new ice cream flavor?

Food question!

• Vicki
    Best Answer

Has this already been done? What is the closest flavour to it already on the market? Is it a popular flavour? What is something you literally have never seen in an ice cream flavour? What comes up when you google that ingredient and "ice cream"?

• denise

If the ingredients dont curdle the mixture.

............................

It's all about the market and profit margins. I'd have a focus group taste and test various flavors. And with the few that they pick as promising, I'd do a cost benefit analysis to see if the new flavor might be profitable. If it looks like it, I do a beta test of the new flavor by introducing it in some region. If that works, then I'd introduce it with much promo nation wide...or even internationally.

PS: I've always thought maple sugar would make a nice ice cream flavor. And as best as I can tell, no one has that flavor.

Just because you can should you? I mean one consideration you should have is does salt and vinegar flavor go as good on ice cream as it does on chips?

And what bonehead made buttered popcorn flavored jelly beans? There is a special place in hell reserved for that guy.

My latest development is granite crunch ice cream.  My major consideration was to find the crunchiest thing for it.

taste, how it mixes with others