Why are jobs so hard to get?

I have been putting applications in random companies and each time I get an interview I get turned down I tried indeed nothing is there any other job sites online I could try I dont know why I can't get a job I have had jobs nothing real special but I have worked

• Niko

What are your skills? How are your interview skills? How is your resume? There is a lot of competition for jobs these days. If you don't have the skills and education companies are looking for AND good interview skills, you will not get hired. 

Keep filling out applications, someone will eventually need help.

• Giving you an interview doesn't always give you a job, even if you do well with one.

Depending on the jobs you're applying for there could be a lot of competition for one job.

Also try using temp agencies. Websites like indeed.com is a good site, I've gotten all of my jobs from them.

It's beyond tough out there. I was laid off 14 mo ago and having NO luck landing anything. Not even a cleaning job at a travel center.

• liz

Wishing you some good luck :)

i cant get a job either, maybe you can try creating your own job like starting your own business, they have grants for that

• Judy

Don't restrict your search to job websites. Look for job fairs, and watch for "help wanted" or "now hiring" signs in front of stores.

• Dze

i would guess your presenting yourself in some way that is pulling the rug out from under yourself .. usually when you get an interview you got the job unless 'you' fck it up ..

They need a diverse workplace now a days so they can only higher so many people of whatever your race is, odds are they got enough of your race, thanks immigration.