Can the bank change checks for quarters?

Next year, I'm going to a summer program, and, I'm sure that, just like 2017, that it'll give me a $500 check.

But can the bank REALLY change checks for quarters? I wonder because I'm stacking up lots of quarters as a joke so that when I have 250,000 quarters, I can impress people by saying that I have an amount of quarters that weighs more than a car on average.

There is no requirement for a bank to accept a large amount of coins.

If you called them in advance and let them know.

By the way - $500 in quarters weighs about 25 lbs (24.948 to be exact).

250,000 quarters weighs in at 12,474 lbs.

If you bank there, give them a call and ask. They wont have any problem doing this for you...but they might not have the quarters available upon request.

I hope this is math camp. $500 in quarters is 2,000 coins. But yes, if you bank there and give them time the bank can come up with 2,000 quarters - after your check clears. Good luck packing all of those coins around.

• Erik

You won't impress anyone, they'll just think it's weird, which it is.

250,000 would be $62,500. I think you can find a better use for that money than "a joke".

Banks can cash checks, and they do have rolls of quarters. If you had a check for $20 and wanted to exchange it for quarters, that would be no problem, but $500 would be 2000 quarters and I'm not sure if they have that many.

Grow up..............

you can ask the bank if they'll do that

• Judy

Brimg a wheelbarrow or some kind of cart to carry then out of the bank.

Yes,Jerry.......