Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 weeks ago

Why don't we hunt different species of birds?

Birds like woodpeckers,robins, and bluejays seem like they have a good deal of meat, especially the really big woodpeckers. Why isn't there a season for these birds? Do they not taste good?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • C T M
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I know why you're using the anonymous feature, you SHOULD BE embarrassed about these stupid questions you've been asking. Trolls are cowards, the anonymous feature lets you be faceless cowards

• RICK
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What country are you refering to

Many countries do hunt snd est song birds

I know prople in the US that do also

• Robin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

because the law say NO

• 4 weeks ago

We were very poor when I was a small child and Mom would set a "Deadfall" baited with cornmeal and catch

Blackbirds in the Winter and that was supper. Where I live we eat supper at night. Breakfast at 7:00 dinner at 12:00 and supper at 6:30. Old habits and words die hard. I still call a refrigerator a "icebox" because in the

old days we would put a giant block of ice in the icebox to keep things cool. As you know that was the "good old days" and I would love to find the "Golden Years". because they must be coming.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I have no idea. I say when it comes to birds, kill them all.

• 4 weeks ago

Define 'WE' . Italians and some French will eat 'song birds', some shot, others caught in sticky nets. Sparrows dipped whole in deep frier, legs used as handles. Pigeons, ducks, geese, pheasants, partridge all game with some fees to state many places. survival hunting of robins, crow known.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

they get away too fast cause they fly

• 4 weeks ago

They are generally considered too small to be worth hunting

excepting the large woodpeckers which typically are RARE species.

Audubon wrote about eating various birds (he would often eat them after studying them) and, for example, wrote how good robin meat tasted when roasted.

He also wrote that a robin would make a full meal for a man

which has led some scientists to believe that modern robins are, on average, much smaller than those in Audubon's time.

But still

small size

and/or

rarity

are what typically prevent non-hunted birds from being hunted.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

We eat large vegetarian birds, not small bug eating birds.

• RICK
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Chicken snd Turkeys eat bugs
      Ducks and Geese eat aguatic bugs
      So hst birds are vegetarian?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.