Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 months ago

Guns are going to be regulated. Why can't cons understand this? In 2020 democrats will take the senate and white house?

Gun regulation is a fact.

Guns are already regulated enough!

It will take 2/3 of the states to ratify an amendment even if one is approved.

Also having a law and enforcing the law are two different issues.

To illustrate this consider the "Whiskey Rebellion" (1794) which history books say the "Federal Government" won. Over 200 years after becoming a legal fact (taxation of whiskey) boot legers still are making a living producing tax free whiskey.

After over 100 years of trying to disarm the IRA in Northern Ireland- the IRA still has guns!

Even in North Korea (a nation with one of the oldest fire arms ownership bans) there are still weapons in private hands.

Even more frightening is that 1/3 of the guns surrendered in Canada disappeared from the disposal system and are unaccounted for.

So you might get the regulations- but it will be at a cost. That cost will be a false sense of security (at least).

Oh yeah. That is why you have to post questions anonymously. Sure.

• Brian

In 2020 and beyond, I will be mostly traveling the World then, so it won't affect me.

I would suggest you leftists take care. You try to infringe upon our rights too much and civil war will occur and I am happy as hell to shoot you if you come to my house trying to take my gun. Two right in the head. The only thing that would make something like you, not entirely useless as you will be food for crow.

As a CANADIAN I can only agree that the USA could use a wee bit of regulations when it comes to gun ownership.

Gun ownership in CANADA is very well regulated but I manage quite nicely under our restrictive laws in the sense that I probably have more guns than the average American. And my Government isn't threatening me with seizure ---------- YET !!

• Rick

Are you going to go out and enforce the law you vote for or are you voting to start a war for others to die in?

• Firearm-related deaths are the third leading cause of death overall among US children aged 1 to 17. Sensible gun regulation is a public safety issue. Protect our children by electing Democrats to Congress!

Gun regulation is indeed a fact because they are already regulated. For example, you cannot simply walk into a store and buy a firearm without some level of federally mandated background check taking place. What conservatives want is to avoid further regulation.

• L.N.

Yes, please tell us about the Democrat's plans to subvert the Constitution.

The 2nd Amendment is a fact lib