Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentEmbassies & Consulates · 10 months ago

What would it take to immigrate to Japan ?

...or India or Italy? These are ranked as the most 

spiritual-nations on Earth. So, would it be possible 

to enter them and become a wandering-monk?!?

Are there programs that support this lifestyle there? 

Thank You.  

6 Answers

  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Japan does have missionary visas, hence the LDS missionaries. I do not think you can get a missionary visa for something vague, although begging/grifter monks are a thing in Japan. 

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    That's a little bizarre as Italy, despite hosting the Vatican City, rates as one of the most secular nations. But all three of those countries have immigration authorities that can tell you the standards for qualifying to live there. In most cases you'd need an employer sponsored work visa though and I'm not sure anyone would hire you to be a wandering monk.

  • 10 months ago

    No; there is no visa enabling you to move to these countries and become a 'wandering monk'

  • 10 months ago

    Contact the embassies or consulates of those countries and ask.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

    I have no intentions on immigrating to Japan.

    For the most part, I would be detained.

  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

    I do not know, but if you ever do accomplish this, please delete your Yahoo! Answers account, so that we never have to hear this question or any of its infinite variants again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.