Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 weeks ago

Perfect engagement party outfit?

My fiancé’s parents are throwing us an engagement party with all of our friends. We don’t get to see them often because we moved to Florida and everyone lives in Illinois. There are going to be about 30-40 people there. My fiancé’s mom and I decided on the theme. I picked black and gold “classy” theme with optional cocktail attire. I want to wear a dress but I’m not sure exactly what to wear. I’m very picky and want to make sure I look good for the party. Any ideas??

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Typically the bride wears white to each event, like engagement party, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, etc.

• Madoka
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I would look for something sparkly and gold, since everyone else will probably wear black. Don't choose anything too short or strapless--that's tacky, not classy.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You left out the most pivotal bits of info, chiefly where this is being held and when. So I'll assume this is an Autumn/Winter affair in Illinois and offer you this. Clearly if the event takes place in Florida you might want something sleeveless.

Attachment image
  • Kelly
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Simply go shopping for a cocktail dress and find something nice.

IMO an engagement party doesn't need a theme.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Usually a cocktail dress is small and black it is what comes to mind but I wonder if everyone else is thinking the same. Did you state attire to anyone I wonder. A nice dress for the occasion sounds best. I wouldn't wear pants.

• 4 weeks ago

Whatever you want. Go to a store and try on some outfits.

If your fiancée parents are paying for the party and if they have certain expectations for the dress code and decor, then maybe you should ask them what they think you should wear.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

but no one truly cares what you wear...

• Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Black and gold, classy, cocktail attire - that immediately makes me think of a 1920s style dress, like this:

Attachment image
  • drip
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Go out shopping, try on dresses. See what you like. You could wear a white dress if you choose

• 4 weeks ago

One time I wiped my a** with some of your mother’s clothes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.