Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 months ago

Can walk in clinics remove stitches?

im getting my mole removed tomorrow. But i have to go back to university in 4 days which is in a city 200 miles away. Can they be removed in a walk in clinic?

I've even removed stiches and staples myself.... if you have signs of infection Heat swelling any puss or Oozing then you need to seek Medical care, other wise One can do it with a correct tool or two I recieved 136 staples after a surgery a couple weeks later I reported to get them removed and when i got home I found they'd Missed Not one BUT 6 of them!!! Though because of the Location I get why.... Ultimately I chose to Remove them Myself after having the lesson that morning it was easy enough (that was 9 years ago .... just remember any fever of warmth near the wound swelling Needs to be cared for BY a Physician

It's up to the doctor, but as long as it's healing okay,

they will probably be willing to do it.

Yes they can. Any health care provider (doctor or nurse) can assess the recovery and remove the stitches.

Yes, that is no problem at all for a walk-in clinic.

• Linda

They probably won't because the doctor who put the stitches in originally will want to check it and make sure it is healing properly.

• Cozette

Any health care provider (doctor or nurse) can assess the recovery and remove the stitches.

Why don't you ask the doctor doing the removal? We have no idea what the rules might be at your university.

In Australia yes, also in ER.

Yes. If you get dissolving stitches tomorrow, you won't need to get them removed. But if you get the other stitches that need to be removed, a walk in clinic can do that. Any nurse or doctor can do it for you.

• Tavy

Yes they can, it is a simple procedure.

To have your stitches/staples removed or your dressing changed, contact your GP surgery for an appointment with your practice nurse or return to a Walk in Centre or Minor Injuries Unit.