Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 weeks ago

Why is my period brown?

So last month I had bleed twice in one month due to taking a plan B. This month my period came 5 days late and my period color isn’t red it’s only a light brown and no I don’t have any diseases or anything wrong with me down there. But I’ve had a really light period at the moment. does anyone have any knowledge of what might be going on? Could it be the effects of plan b still affecting my

Period?

The brown is A-OK. I had patients with your exact s/s (signs & symptoms) on a regular basis.

The Plan B does have side effects and changes the hormones. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle#Cycl... 2 DIFFERENT CYCLES

Cycles and phases

Menstrual cycle

Flowchart of the hormonal control of the menstrual cycle

The menstrual cycle can be described by the ovarian or uterine cycle. The ovarian cycle describes changes that occur in the follicles of the ovary whereas the uterine cycle describes changes in the endometrial lining of the uterus. Both cycles can be divided into three phases. The ovarian cycle consists of the follicular phase, ovulation, and the luteal phase, whereas the uterine cycle consists of menstruation, proliferate phase, and secretory phase.

BROWN BLOOD

Females have one cycle that is ovarian with period blood and the other is uterian with the lining that holds the blood in place. Prostaglandins, the chemicals that tell your body to shed the uterine lining, happens totally independent from period blood. Your discharge is clear and sticky, the lining is white stringy mucous. This is when you will see the brown old blood.

Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) refers to physical and emotional symptoms that occur in the one to two weeks before a woman's period. Symptoms often vary between women and resolve around the start of bleeding. Common symptoms include headache, acne, tender breasts, bloating, clear discharge, feeling tired, irritability, and mood changes. Often symptoms are present for around six days.

**Vaginal Discharges

Bacterial vaginosis, aka: Gardnerella occurring symptoms include a fishy odor that worsens during menstruation or after vaginal sex. (In the vagina it does not stink, but when the bacteria comes out it mixes with the air and a chemical reaction occurs causing it to stink). In bacterial vaginosis, discharge can appear thin, gray, or white, increase in volume, and is adherent. IT IS NOT AN STD. It will not go away until you get Flagyl from your doctor.

** In a vaginal yeast infection (candidiasis), abnormal discharge may be accompanied with itching, burning and swelling. In yeast infections, discharge is described as resembling cottage cheese.

**Trichomoniasis can cause a foul odor, itching, light bleeding (spotting), and painful urination. Trichomoniasis causes greenish-yellow, adherent, frothy discharge and can cause an increase in discharge.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sexplanations

Source(s): Nurse Epi

it is the amount of >>Oxygen>> in it determines the color of blood

Blood dries out to maroon then brown

• Byrd

Plan b ding do g.....