Do Christians judge each other based on looks?

My Christian friends from university both male and female were some of the nicest people I've ever met

Even though people outside the church judge each other based on looks - I don't feel this is the way Christian fellowships operate

• Liz
    Favorite Answer

Christians shouldn't judge people by their looks. God doesn't and we are instructed to imitate God. He looks at the heart of a person. (Jeremiah 17:10) "I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, Examining the innermost thoughts, To give to each one according to his ways, According to the fruitage of his works."

All too often..........

• David

Well, when you're a young, impressionable male, even if you're Christian, you notice good looks. I remember a weekend retreat when I was in college where one gorgeous Christian girl was attending. She had about a dozen guys around her constantly. Eventually, she married one guy and the rest found Christian women with quality inside and not based on looks.

They judge all the time, they just don't let on.

Sometimes that can happen and it is not a good thing.

I communicate the 'invisible me' to the world through my words. The invisible 'you' is the one peeking out from behind the windows of your body... your eyes.

The words I speak are from the overflow of my heart.

What's in my heart (the core of my being) are things I have stored up as treasures over the years. Wonderful things to share with God's creatures. He uses my lips to talk to them.

The world looks at appearances. God sees and probes our hearts. He made them, after all. He knows what's in them. Same goes for our minds. He knows every word that will come out of your mouth a year from now; yet He chooses to stay here with us, experiencing mankind in the present.

Look past the words to the heart. One out of every thousand people are extremely, naturally beautiful. One out of every thousand have beautiful insides. How rare is it when the two are combined?

Sometimes we do because of what we see. One good example are the visuals of tattoos and extreme body piercings. This is due to our Intelligent Designer warning us not to cut ourselves or apply tattoos to our bodies. So the first impression we get of those who are pierced and tattooed are they are children of the devil and not children of God. I know many Christians started to get tattoos and extreme piercings due to their belief that Jesus freed us from having to follow His strict Old Testament laws that prohibited such things and now take this reaction as an act of blasphemy to Jesus. So who is right on this subject Yahweh or Jesus?

Source(s): The God Yahweh our Intelligent Designer and the missing link in the chain of evolution and is the single common ancestor of all life on earth.

No, not by physical appearance, but the humane person inside. Ref Gal 5:13-15.

Christians judging others???

You're kidding right?