blessed asked in TravelCanadaToronto · 2 months ago

Is travelling by train from Toronto to Calgary a good choice?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Go for it......

• opurt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, it's not a great idea, but mainly because VIA Rail doesn't have train service to Calgary. They might sell you a ticket to get there, but the train goes to Edmonton and you're transferred onto a bus to get to Calgary.

• Eastside Guz
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

Just like when I flew by airlines to Calgary and transfer by bus to Medicine Hat. If you have the time (and like the scenic route) or are retired, then go for it like others told you.

• 2 months ago

Of course you have looked at the route and already know it takes two trains and you change in Vancouver. Possible and about six days travel time.

Depends if you want to make use of the trains large windows and the view at SEE level.

• 2 months ago

No passenger train service to Calgary, so no, not a good choice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It is if you have the time to take the train. It's a nice ride. But it's also significantly slower than flying if you don't have much time.

• 2 months ago

Not really. Flying is much faster, and cheaper as well. If you want to see the Prairies, the train is fine, but, that would be the only reason I would do it, except that I wouldn't!

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you're looking to get there quickly, then no. If you want to have the experience of riding a train and seeing the scenery, then it's a great idea.

• 2 months ago

Well, it will likely cost more than flying, depending, as well, on if you book a sleeper on the train.

It will, of course, also take longer to make the trip. But, it will also be more comfortable and scenic.

• 2 months ago

A good choice compared to what? Whether it's a good choice or not depends on several things and you have given us no details that would help us know.

• 2 months ago

Only if you want to go to Calgary.  Otherwise, no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.