Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 2 months ago

Why are 20 year old Ford Mustangs still selling for over $9,000?

I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Listing after listing I saw these new edge stangs for $7,000 up to $12,000 dollars. Are you kidding me? Am I missing something? 

• Youd be surprised How much even a Common Model mustang Will go for

Auction OR Private Sale

• Frank

Mustangs are iconic vehicles. They started the PONY car sensation and continue the MUSCLE car tradition. People LOVE these cars...and there are replacement parts EVERYWHERE. They are DRIVEN and MODIFIED.

Did you know...you can make an OLD "new" car from brand spanking new parts STILL made of the ORIGINAL MUSTANGS from the sixties?!?!

I even owned one for a couple of years...it was an entry level with a under appreciated model type...it was still fun to drive.

Unless it has s like in mint condition and has less than 70,000 miles I find that ha d to believe.

Now if it was a 1964 to 1968 then yeah it would be worth atleast that. But a 1999 model? No way

It always depends on condition, mileage, options, engines

It's called the "law of supply-and-demand". When demand is high and supply is low, prices increase.

If you think that is bad, check on the 50 + year old ones.

Being scare makes them worth a lot.

People think of mustangs as "cool" cars that are valuable, and gain a different type of value with age

• Donald

Evidently the actual value of the cars!

• Trump 2020

Only if the DRIVER is. A Toyota Corolla is "dangerous" if the wrong person is behind the wheel.

• Lili

Mustangs are treasured. People love to buy them and fix them up. They're real collectors' cars.

• Lili

I know a couple of people who will buy any model that becomes available.