Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 2 months ago

Why are 20 year old Ford Mustangs still selling for over $9,000?

I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Listing after listing I saw these new edge stangs for $7,000 up to $12,000 dollars. Are you kidding me? Am I missing something? 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Youd be surprised How much even a Common Model mustang Will go for

Auction OR Private Sale

• Frank
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Mustangs are iconic vehicles. They started the PONY car sensation and continue the MUSCLE car tradition. People LOVE these cars...and there are replacement parts EVERYWHERE. They are DRIVEN and MODIFIED.

Did you know...you can make an OLD "new" car from brand spanking new parts STILL made of the ORIGINAL MUSTANGS from the sixties?!?!

I even owned one for a couple of years...it was an entry level with a under appreciated model type...it was still fun to drive.

• 1 month ago

Unless it has s like in mint condition and has less than 70,000 miles I find that ha d to believe.

Now if it was a 1964 to 1968 then yeah it would be worth atleast that. But a 1999 model? No way

• 2 months ago

It always depends on condition, mileage, options, engines

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's called the "law of supply-and-demand". When demand is high and supply is low, prices increase.

• 2 months ago

If you think that is bad, check on the 50 + year old ones.

• 2 months ago

Being scare makes them worth a lot.

• 2 months ago

People think of mustangs as "cool" cars that are valuable, and gain a different type of value with age

• Donald
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Evidently the actual value of the cars!

• Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Only if the DRIVER is. A Toyota Corolla is "dangerous" if the wrong person is behind the wheel.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Mustangs are treasured. People love to buy them and fix them up. They're real collectors' cars.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I know a couple of people who will buy any model that becomes available.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.