Am I Bisexual or is this just a phase?

To all my Bisexuals out there, ya girl needs some help.

Lately I've been really questioning my sexuality.

I'm a girl (high school student) and I've always liked boys, but these past couple of weeks have been different for me. A couple girls have stood out to me and I've been imagining things I'd do with them, sexually and romantically. Tbh, it's really had and effect on me. Only some girls tho, but I guess that becoz everyone has a type. I don't really know where this is coming from and I don't know if this is just a phase or not. I've been taking quizzes and doing research and trying to figure out who I am but I really don't know. Is this the process that everyone goes thru? Or Is it really just a phase? 

I kinda don't want it to be JUST a phase tho, I wouldn't mind dating a girl from time to time :) 

Also, I think the main thing thats holding me back is my religion, and my dad. 

I'm a christian and for those of you who don't know, the relationship between gay people and the church is not strong. My friend told me that her own church banned a man from that church because he was gay. 

And my dad? Yeah, he doesn't seem to keen on the idea. He himself is straight and when I asked him for his opinion on my friends' parents' lesbian couple, he said that he said that he's fine with it but then he said "If it was you, I wouldn't know how to react." 

So, yeah. Coming out to my parents is gonna be a tough one. 

I'd like to say I'm bi, but idk. Can someone help me out please? 

Best Answer

I think you're a bit focused on sexuality labels and designations for no reason. Your sexuality is what you feel it is, WHATEVER that is. That's the definition of sexuality; how you feel, sexually. Sexuality is a continuum, a spectrum of feelings. No one is absolutely 100% ANYTHING, it's all a range of feelings and preferences and like any other feeling or preference, it can change over time. Labeling yourself as one thing and one thing ONLY is a limiting thing, not a liberating one. You don't need to 'come out' to anyone at this point. Just BE. You don't need a label. If at some point you decide that you like women as much or more as men, and you feel that's who you're going to be forever, THEN tell your parents if you need to. From the sound of it, they're going to be pretty receptive and understanding.

• reme_1

You are a teenager with raging hormones.

You might be really curious or might actually have some desire for girls.

You might want to call the gay center and talk to the counselor. And meet other gals your age and see how they handle their sexual journey.

HUGS from a senior lesbian

That doesn't sound like attraction to me. I think you're straight.

Being LGBT, is a natural congenital condition, and many animal species have LG members. (of which humans are one such species)

Sounds you might be bi-curious rather than bisexual. Experiment to see if you're really bi or if you were just a little curious

Try it. You might like it.