joana asked in HealthMental Health · 11 months ago

can I get approved for social security disable from Anxiety and depression with Bipolar?

I have social anxiety and depression with Bi polar my doctors want to me apply for Social security Disable but I dont want to be a Free loader from the gov and work for a living

but every day i feel bad! and have thoughts on killing myself and crying etc

im wonering can I get approved for social secirtu disable

How would I know if you will be approved?  Ask an attorney.

The leading reasons people are denied is insufficient medical PROOF of a health issue which prevents a person from obtaining and maintaining employment.

It's not for us to say whether or not you should be on disability, but I'm inclined to take the doctor's opinion very, very seriously.

If you're on Social Security, that doesn't mean you're not allowed to work at all. There's a limit to the amount of money you can make, but you can make some money for yourself.

Also, consider volunteer work. Sources - craigslist, volunteer match, yahoo local, google, local papers, volunteer tips lists.

At least one President of the United States and major Fortune 500 company founders were/are bipolar.

These was long before the effective drugs that we have today to treat the condition.

You may not be able to succeed in a traditional job. But it's unlikely that you aren't able to handle any job. And having a job is also a key component of successfully dealing with your condition

If you are genuinely unable to work, yes. A mental illness is just as serioous as a physical illness.

• marty

I have heard of people being on disability for bipolar so its possible.

if you are genuine and cannot work, then yes.