Would Ozzy Osbourne have worked out with George Harrison , Paul McCartney or Tom Scholz?

Some idiot here (must be an illegal immigrant) claims that Ozzy never had a style, so in that case he can play with anyone

Tom Scholz:

Was a fairly competent gguitar playing but a master when it came to recording sounds. He was an Engineer so obviously his upbringing would be higher than most of those in the music industry. He didn't really smoke, drink or party. He probably wouldn't be too pleased with Ozzy, but I feel like if he played with Ozzy it would be different. Ozzy would probably be overwhelmed with all the guitars and harmonies going on and he couldn't sing the vocals. He has also sued many people so I am not sure how he would feel if Sharon and Ozzy took all the credit.

Paul McCartney:

Sometimes called the best Guitar player in the Beatles. He would have approached stuff differently. He can get Heavy like Helter Skelter, and Live and Let Die so he is capable. But he does use simple chords, but can finger pick so Ozzy can still have the Randy-esque classical sound.

George Harrison:

Highly influenced by Nashville guitarists you can tell his early Beatles playing he loved double stops, and chicken picking Ozzy probably would have told him it sounded too bluesy. Might have replaced him with Clapton but Harrison couldn't have pulled it off I believe.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Perhaps you could enlighten us when it comes to summing up Ozzy's distinct style. I mean, when he was in Black Sabbath, Iommi wrote all of the music and Geezer wrote most of the lyrics. What stylistic contributions did Ozzy make to the band? The man literally stepped in to lay vocals down on songs that had been composed and arranged without any input from him whatsoever. Unless you're using a definition of "style' that nobody else in the English-speaking world would agree with, then it would appear you ought to have a bit of a rethink on that, head. 

Next, on to Ozzy's solo career. "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Diary of a Madman" - all songs written by Randy Rhoads and Bob Daisley. Ozzy was given writer's credit only because he was the big boss. In fact, Ozzy initially disliked the title track on "Diary of a Madman", he didn't think it sounded right for him. It's widely considered to be one of the best Ozzy songs of all time. So please elaborate on Ozzy's "style" in the early days of his career. 

Then we have the Jake E. Lee era, considered by many to be a serious low point in Ozzy's career. Tell us, what "style" was exemplified on "Bark at the Moon" and "The Ultimate Sin"? Weak songwriting, embarrassingly stupid lyrics, subpar production complete with awful synth... Jake E. Lee and Bob Daisley wrote all of the songs and the one hit single from "The Ultimate Sin", "Shot in the Dark" was written by Bob Daisley's replacement. Jake E. Lee refused to furnish Ozzy with any original music until he had it in writing that his credit would be honored and protected. So maybe you could explain how Ozzy's "style" is somehow exhibited on those records. 

Nothing changed when Zakk Wylde came along. While the musicians in the Ozzy Osbourne band wrote all of the music, Ozzy took all the glory and put his name on on credits. The man can't play a fecking note. How would it be possible for him to co-write anything? Everything on "No Rest For the Wicked" and "No More Tears" was written by Zakk Wylde and the other band members. 

"No More Tears" was the last good Ozzy album, and it was the best record he'd made since 1981. There's no point discussing the insufferable bilge he made after that album. 

I'm curious to hear how Ozzy demonstrates a particular identifiable style. 

"Revelation, Mother Earth" and "Diary of a Madman" don't sound ANYTHING like "So Tired" or "Secret Loser" and those songs don't sound ANYTHING like "Miracle Man" or "Mama, I'm Coming Home." So where's this "style" you keep claiming he's got? Describe it.

Ozzy's "style" is other people writing songs and him putting his fecking name on them. That's his "style."

Let's see you argue that logic. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Nope. The Beatles were like a young family at the beginning. All of them were moral young men, not bad boys.

• 5 months ago

Actually, I think Sabbath and Ozzy are pretty popular in Mexico. So I don't know where you're going with your anti-Latino agenda there, Skippy...

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

F1ck no they wouldnt have. Got any more stupid *** questions?

Where the f1ck is Killmousky when you need him...

Source(s): nothing
    • Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I'm not paying attention to such stupid tripe as this. Also: Learn to spell the name

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

You are a racist Trump supporter. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.